Tuesday, April 7, 2015

The Serenity Prayer made concise in necklace form

Hola bloglandia! I've been trying and trying to reach out to the world from my main website, threenatures.com, but WordPress just isn't having it. So here I am on blogger. Someday I want to combine all my blogs and creations, but today is not that day.

Some days, you just have to say fuck it.
Fuck it silver necklace available at FYeahJewelry.etsy.com

At least I do. But it isn't just me. One of my first custom requests was for a charm bracelet that said 'i am enough' on one side and 'fuck it' on the other. You see, even if the woman you're dealing with doesn't seem like the cursing type, she probably is.
different words, same meaning. i am enough necklaces are
available in my gogoshebogo etsy shop.

Because we are all. Whether we admit it or not, whether we use actual curse words or not. We're all just people, doing our best in a crazy world where our best is sometimes not recognized. Sometimes it feels like no matter what, the world is going to just keep being crazy.

BECAUSE IT IS.
(We're the crazy ones when we just keep doing the same thing and expect a different result.)

The Serenity Prayer, made popular in 12-step recovery programs, goes like this:

God [Goddess/Lord/Sweet Baby Jesus/Whoever Might Be Listening], grant me
The serenity to accept the things I cannot change
The courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference.


A wonderful sentiment. But so wordy. I like my version better.

Fuck it.

Fuck beating your head against the brick wall of other people's perceptions and expectations. Be brave, do what you can to make the world a better place, but don't waste your energy on situations that aren't workable. It doesn't mean you have to disown everybody and move to your own private island - it just means that you know your best is good enough for you (God if you prefer) and that's the only opinion that matters.

Fuck it.

Now available in sterling silver (on my favorite satellite chain in either 16" or 20", with extra sparkles or alone) as well as copper.

Why? Because wearing my fuck it necklace makes me happy, and I think you should be happy too!